Introduction to EntrepreneurshipThis module will equip the leaners with necessary skills to work within a SMME (Small, Medium, Micro Enterprise) environment, specialising in New Venture Ownership and Management. It will also offer entrepreneurial skills so that they can become more marketable for bigger contracts, including commercial and public sector contracts, for example the Department of Public Works programmes. This module provides a broad introduction to customer services and includes both internal and external customers. The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner's own context and experience of the world of work.
Upon completion the learner will be capable of:
- Describing and discussing entrepreneurship.
- Identifying own entrepreneurial strengths and weaknesses in relation to opportunity identified.
- Identifying and describing what marketing is in relation to new venture opportunities.
- Conducting market research.
- Implementing marketing plan
- Negotiating a deal with a customer
- Engaging in an interaction with a customer.
- Demonstrating communication skills in responding to a customer.
- Profile of an entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurial opportunities
- Entrepreneurial characteristics
- Setting goals
- The market place
- The product life cycle
- Market research
- Marketing plan
- Implement the marketing plan
- Negotiate with a customer
- Customer service
- Interactions with customers
- Communication skills
- Process queries